Space Olympiad Junior Participation Procedure
SPACE OLYMPIAD JUNIOR(SOJ) Competition invites students from 1st to 8th to submit LITERARY & VISUAL ARTWORK expressing their creativity and vision
Their submissions are judged by our panel including artists , scientists, teachers, engineers and astronauts. The winning artwork is woven into displays and performance designed to relay the youth artists messages to other young people and artists around the world.
In wake of COVID-19 upheavals in the education system, SOF has incorporated following changes in SOJ
Guidelines for hosting SOJ
1. Coordinator may organize SOJ in school itself on the particular date given by school SOJ Coordinator and submit the final entries
2. All entries in CAT-1/CAT-2 should clearly mention name, age, class, school, city in the artwork sheets.
3. Students can submit upto 2 entries restricting one entry in each category.
4. Neatness in presentation will add to qualifying for the NATIONAL LEVEL.
5. Students qualifying for the national level will be given a theme to pen down their creativity.
6. Art by CAT-1 and CAT-2 students will be judged separately.
7. Coordinator must WhatsApp clear closeup short video and photographs of students while they are creating level-1 artwork and one group photograph with school SOJ coordinator and school logo with students holding their SOJ level-1 artwork.
- Visual Art
Drawing, Sketch, Painting on drawing sheet
26 x 36 cm or A4 Size
Artwork/Sketch- Oil paints not allowed
(only color pencils/crayons and water colors)
LANGUAGE - English or Hindi,
POEM, POETRY - Minimum 10 lines
SHORT STORY, ESSAY - Minimum 20 Lines
CAT 1 ( GRADE 1-4) Eligible only for VISUAL ART
CAT-2 ( GRADE 5-8) Eligible for both VISUAL ART and LITERARY ART
Future Space Shuttle or Earth From Space
Your unique School Code (4 digits Code) shall be generated after which school can register for SOJ level-1.
All participants entries must be submitted online at email@example.com along with School Enrollment form, fee and students registration sheet(SRS)
Award and Prizes
Common Prizes for both the categories ( CAT-1 & CAT-2)
Participation certificates for all in level-1.
Student qualifying for national level are awarded Certificates of Excellence, CEO.
1st 3 rank holder of Level-2 from each school get ranking medals & certificates.
Outstanding Level-2 artwork is displayed at national exhibition centers across India.
Best rated artwork in the national exhibition are sent to the International Humans in Space Youth Art Competition sponsored by INTERNATIONAL HUMANS IN SPACE YOUTH ART COMPETITION SPONSORED by NASA, USA..
Separate Prizes for both the categories.
CAT 1 (Class 1 to 4)
Top 3 rank holders at National level, Level-2 get cash price of 25,000/-each.
Next 10 rank holders at National level, Level-2 get price of 10,000/- each.
CAT 2 (5 to 8)
Top rank holders at National level, Level-2 to visit Singapore on a study tour, fully sponsored by SOF.
Next 10 rank holders at National level, Level-2 to visit INDIAN SPACE RESEARCHORGANIZATION ISRO, BENGALURU
All submissions will be judged on relevance to the chosen topic.
SPACE OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION, C2 - 2602 First Floor, Vasant
Kunj New Delhi 110070 INDIA
School can register online and make payment for the Space Olympiad Junior through direct transfer (NEFT) or Web payment at www.spaceolympiad.co.in.
No spot registration will be accepted in any case.
All entries will be judged based upon original idea and creativity and shall become the property of SOF and cannot be returned due to the volume of entries received.